About Me

My photo
Hi,i'm george chuang. I'm a freshman and i major in the department of journalism in NCCU in taiwan,taipei. I'm from taipei and i'm a optimistic and easy-going person. My hobby is playing guitar,both elecyric and acoustic. So,apparently i'm going to post some blogs about guitar and muic i love. Hope you'll enjoy in the beautiful melody. And,if you're interested in me or my blog,just post a comment and let me know, i would be glad and i'm looking forward to it :)

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Electric guitar pedals


  Today I’m gonna introduce a special device you use when you play an electric guitar. This cool device are called Effects units.
  Effect units are electronic devices that alter how a musical instrument sounds. Some effects make the sound more “colorful”, some others transform the sound into a totally different sound. Effects are used during live performances or in the studio, they are typically used with electric guitar, keyboard and bass. Most frequently used with electric or electronic instrument, while it can also used with acoustic instrument, drums and vocals.
  Effects units are usually “housed” or placed in a small metal or plastic box that placed on the floor in front of the musician and connected to his instrument. Those box are called “pedal”. Pedal is typically controlled by one or more foot-pedal on-off switches and contains only one or two effects.And many pedals are usually placed in a pedalboard for you to carry it easier.

Below is an example for the different sound that different pedals make.









many pedals that placed on a pedalboard
Hope you'll enjoy it, and thanks for watching:)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, George! According to your post, it shows that you are really interested in the guitar and you know about this musical instrument a lot. I had seen some of my friends who play the guitar in our school's guitar club using the "Effects units" before. This amazing device really made the music performance much more fantastic and wonderful. Actually, I am pretty interested in the guitar; however, I do not have a chance to learn it yet. I rally appreciate those who play the guitar, as their fingers are magicians who can control the strings easily. May you have a wonderful time with the guitar. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, George!We are students of the same apartment. Also, we are infatuated with guitar and music. Do you attend the guitar club in NCCU? I think that we can join the "政大金旋獎" together next year. Maybe it is so queer for you. Nevertheless, I think that we sould give it a try and I am convinced that the remarkable experience will add various color to our life canvus. By the way, I know the effects units but I haven't had the chance to utilized it yet. It looks cool. Do you have it of your own? Ha-ha, hope that we can have the chance to play the guitar together!^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think effects units are so COOL! And I'm happy to learn about "pedal", thank you. :) How do you know so much about it? That's awesome and impressing. Do you have your own effects units? Hope one day we can play or enjoy music together. :)
    Do you know anything about "baby voice(娃娃音)" or Steve Vai? The former is an interesting effect, and the latter is a marvelous guitar player! Just type “Steve Vai" on YouTube then you'll find tons of his remarkable music video. :)

    ReplyDelete